Stockton, Calif. – The Pacific women's tennis team dropped a 4-1 decision against No. 18 Pepperdine on Friday, April 17. The Tigers fell 8-11 overall and 2-6 in WCC action, while Pepperdine improved 14-5 overall and 8-0 in WCC play.
The Tigers secured the doubles point with Hana Ritterova and Iveta Masarova, and Regina Suarez and Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz getting wins at No. 1 and No. 3. In singles competition, the Waves went on to win four singles encounters to take the match.
"It was a hard fought battle by the Tigers today," said Head Coach Charlotte Scatliffe, "We had a really solid start with good aggressive doubles at all positions. Pepperdine proved why they are a top 20 team, coming out strong in singles and not looking back. Overall it was some good tennis today and I believe a great warm up to our last conference match and senior day tomorrow."
The Tigers are next in action on Saturday, April 18 with their final home match against Loyola Marymount. Saturday's match is set for 1:00 p.m. at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts.
Final Score: Pepperdine 4, Pacific 1
1. Hana Ritterova (PAC) vs. Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) 2-6, 2-5, unfinished
2. Iveta Masarova (PAC) vs. Laura Gulbe (PEP) 3-6, 3-2, unfinished
3. Apichaya Runglerdkriangkrai (PEP) def. Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Matea Cutura (PEP) def. Regina Suarez (PAC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) def. Gergana Boncheva (PAC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Christine Maddox (PEP) def. Daria Labintseva (PAC) 6-0, 6-2
1. Ritterova/Masarova (PAC) def. Guillermo/Runglerdkriangkrai (PEP) 6-4
2. Maddox/Cutura (PEP) def. Boncheva/Labintseva (PAC) 6-3
3. Suarez/Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) def. Capannolo/Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 7-6 (2)