Santa Clara, Calif. – The Pacific women's tennis team fell by a count of 4-3 at Santa Clara on Saturday, April 11. The Tigers fell to 8-10 overall and 2-5 in West Coast Conference play, while Santa Clara improved to 7-9 overall and 3-4 in WCC action.
The Broncos won the doubles point after taking the No. 2 and No. 3 spots. Hana Ritterova, Iveta Masarova and Regina Suarez picked up singles victories, but the Broncos took the win.
"Today was another really close battle where our team had the opportunity to gain some great experience and build up their toughness." said Head Coach Charlotte Scatliffe. "We got off to a slow start losing the doubles point and had to play catch up for the remainder of the match. We will take this match and use it grow closer as a team and learn from this experience."
The Tigers are next in action on Friday, April 17 with a home West Coast Conference match against Pepperdine. The match is set for a 1:00 p.m. start at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts.
Final Score: Santa Clara, 4 Pacific, 3
1. Hana Ritterova (PAC) def. Delphine Rouvillois (SCU) 1-6, 1-0, ret.
2. Iveta Masarova (PAC) def. Nabila Farah (SCU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Chelby Cooke (SCU) def. Christiana Ferrari (PAC) 6-2, 6-6 (4-4), ret.
4. Daniella Silva (SCU) def. Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Zeina El Tawil (SCU) def. Gergana Boncheva (PAC) 6-3, 7-6
6. Regina Suarez (PAC) def. Danielle Zinn (SCU) 6-3, 6-3
1. Ritterova/Masarova (PAC) vs. Farah/Silva (SCU) 4-3, DNF
2. Cooke/Rouvillois (SCU) def. Suarez/Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 6-2
3. Riley Morgan/El Tawill (SCU) def. Boncheva/Daria Labintseva (PAC) 6-2