Malibu, Calif. - The Pacific women's tennis team dropped a 4-0 road contest at Pepperdine on Friday, April 11. The Tigers dropped to 8-11 overall, 1-5 in West Coast Conference play, while the Gaels moved to 14-4 and 7-0 in WCC action.
"We started off pretty competitive in doubles," said Head Coach Charlotte Scatliffe. "I think No. 1 unfortunately got into a bit of a hole score wise and made a comeback a little too late. A big misfortune at No. 2 doubles with Iveta hurting her knee and having to be taken out for the day. No. 3 doubles was right in it actually leading for most of the match. In singles everyone had to move up one spot which is difficult against any team let alone the top ranked team in the conference. I thought everyone fought well and showed that they belonged out there with their opponent."
Pepperdine took No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to take the doubles point. The Waves took wins at No. 1, 2 and 4 singles to clinch the match.
Pacific is next in action with a road match at Loyola Marymount on Saturday, April 12 at 1:30 p.m.
Final Score: Pepperdine 4, Pacific 0
1. Lorraine Guillermo/A.Runglerdkriangkrai (PEP) def. Hana Ritterova/Regina Suarez (PAC) 8-5
2. Yuki Chiang/Michaela Capannolo (PEP) def. Iveta Masarova/Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 4-2, retired
3. Matea Cutura/Ale Granillo (PEP) vs. Christiana Ferrari/Francis Dean (PAC) 6-4, unfinished
1. #27 Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) def. Hana Ritterova (PAC) 6-0, 6-2
2. Matea Cutura (PEP) vs. Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 6-1, 4-1, unfinished
3. #95 Ale Granillo (PEP) def. Gergana Boncheva (PAC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) def. Francis Dean (PAC) 6-2, 6-1
5. Yuki Chiang (PEP) vs. Christiana Ferrari (PAC) 6-3, 4-5, unfinished
6. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) vs. Regina Suarez (PAC) 6-1, 2-3, unfinished