Stockton, Calif. - The Pacific women's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decison to Saint Mary's at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts on Saturday, April 5. The Tigers dropped to 8-10 overall, 1-4 in West Coast Conference play, while the Gaels moved to 8-6 and 3-1 in WCC action.
"Today was a battle," said Head Coach Charlotte Scatliffe. "We remain filled with positivity and confidence going into next weekend's matches with the performance that we had today. We set out some team and individual goal and accomplished them."
Saint Mary's took two of three match to take the doubles point. Hana Ritterova was the only Tiger to pick up a singles victory today.
Pacific is next in action with a road match at Pepperdine on Friday, April 11 at 1:30 p.m.
Final Score: Saint Mary's 6, Pacific 1
1. Jenny Jullien/Parminder Kaur (SMC) def. Hana Ritterova/Regina Suarez (PAC) 8-1
2. Iveta Masarova/Cristina Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) def. Danielle Flores/Jade Frampton (SMC) 8-1
3. Catherine Leduc/Jamie Pawid (SMC) def. Christiana Ferrari/Francis Dean (PAC) 8-1
1. Jullien (SMC) def. Masarova (PAC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ritterova (PAC) def. Flores (SMC) 6-4, 4-3 (ret.)
3. Pawid (SMC) def. Saenz de Buruaga Ruiz (PAC) 6-1, 6-4
4. Leduc (SMC) def. Boncheva (PAC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Frampton (SMC) def. Dean (PAC) 6-4, 6-2
6. Kaur (SMC) def. Suarez (PAC) 6-3, 6-1