Indian Wells, Calif. - Entering the Big WEst Championships as the No. 7 seed, the Pacific women's tennis team saw its season come to a close in the first round of the tournament with a 4-0 loss to No. 2 seed, UC Davis, on Friday, April 27. The loss completed Pacific's season as the Tigers fell to 5-16 on the season while the Aggies improved to 13-11 on the year and move on to the quarterfinals where they will take on UC Irvine.
The Tigers fell behind the Aggies early in the day's competition as UC Davis captured the doubles' point to go ahead 1-0 out of the gate. UC Davis took the first two matches in doubles action, 8-4, against the Tigers to take the momentum of the match that they then parlayed into three wins in singles action that secured the match victory. For the Aggies, the wins came at No. 2, No. 5 and No. 6 singles, nullifying three of the Tiger's top four singles players from counting towards recovery.
Tennis Match Results
No. 2 UC Davis vs. No. 7 Pacific
April 27, 2012 at Indian Wells, Calif.
Big West Championships
UC Davis 4, Pacific 0
1) Chui/Sanders (UCD) def. Masarova/Hansen (PAC), 8-4
2) Heneghan/Edles (UCD) def. Boncheva/Irvin (PAC), 8-4
3) Zamudio/Koehly (UCD) vs. Te/Suarez (PAC), DNF
Order of Finish: 2,1
1) Megan Heneghan (UCD) vs. Iveta Masarova (PAC), DNF
2) Dahra Zamudio (UCD) def. Julia Hansen (PAC), 6-0, 6-2
3) Kelly Chui (UCD) vs. Susan Te (PAC), DNF
4) Lauren Curry (UCD) vs. Gergana Boncheva (PAC), DNF
5) Layla Sanders (UCD) def. Sarah Irvin (PAC), 6-1, 6-1
6) Nicole Koehly (UCD) def. Regina Suarez (PAC), 6-4, 6-2
Order of Finish: 5,2,6