San Jose, Calif.-
The Tigers started off the match against The San Jose State Spartans at a disadvantage having to forfeit one of the doubles positions due to player injuries and illnesses. After having dropped the No. 3 position due to a lack of players, the Tigers dominated in the No. 2 position to tie up the score at 1 a piece. However, the Tigers then fell behind after yielding the No. 1 doubles to the Spartans.
After having lost the doubles point the Tigers prepared for their singles competitions hoping to gain momentum. Pacific was forced to forfeit the No. 6 position due to the fact that they were competing with an incomplete lineup. This left Pacific at a definite disadvantage with the running match score at 0-2. Summer Irvin then secured a victory at the No. 4 spot against Isadora Busch in straight sets with a confident 6-1, 6-2 match score. The next two matches won were the No. 3 and the No. 5 spot which were in favor of the Spartans. Though the Spartans had officially won the match overall, freshman Iveta Masarova and junior Julia Hansen defeated their opponents. Junior Julia Hansen defeated Erica Medlin in a brutal three set match which resulted in a final score of 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (7).
The Tigers now prepare for their next match at home against Saint Mary's College of California on March 11th. The match is scheduled to take place at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts at 1:00pm.
1. Sebastiani Leon Chao/Erica Medlin (SJSU) def. Iveta Masarova/Regina Suarez (Pacific) 8-4
2. Julia Hansen/ Summer Irvin (Pacific) def. Willett/Busch (SJSU) 8-2
3. Alexis Marquez/Chau Truong (SJSU) def. Forfeit (Pacific)
Order of Completion: 3, 2, 1*
1. Iveta Masarova (Pacific) def. Sabastiani Leon Chao (SJSU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Julia Hansen (Pacific) def. Erica Medlin (SJSU) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (7)
3. Chau Truong (SJSU) def. Gregana Boncheva (Pacific) 6-3, 6-3
4. Summer Irvin (Pacific) def. Isadora Busch (SJSU) 6-1, 6-2
5. Alexis Marquez (SJSU) def. Regina Suarez (Pacific) 6-4, 6-4
6. Jessica Willett (SJSU) def. Forfeit (Pacific)
Order of Completion: 6, 4, 3, 5**, 1, 2
*Denotes Doubles Securing Point
**Denotes Match Securing Win
Final Score: Pacific 3, San Jose State University 4