Pacific Trails Behind No. 38 Long Beach State 0-7
Long Beach, Calif.-
In their first conference match of the season, the Tigers came up short in their match against the Long Beach State 49ers. The final match score was Long Beach 7, Pacific 0.
Though the Tigers came up short, they were slowly regaining their footing after having been short several athletes due to injuries.
At the conclusion of the match, Coach Chino stated, "There is a reason that Long Beach State has been the top team in our conference for awhile; they are solid and very consistent. Playing them helps us realize what level of tennis we are striving for. We competed well as usual and will continue to work on getting better every day in practice and matches. We must get and stay healthy to accomplish that goal. We will have a much better match tomorrow against UC Riverside."
The Tigers now prepare for their next match against UC Riverside which will be their second conference match of the season and is scheduled to take place on February 12th.
1. Anais Dallara (LBSU) def. Iveta Masarova (PACIFIC) 7-6 (2), 6-0
2. No. 122 Rachel Manasse (LBSU) def. Julia Hansen (PACIFIC) 6-4, 6-1
3. No. 117 Laura Bernard (LBSU) def. Susan Te (PACIFIC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Klaudia Malenovska (LBSU) def. Gergana Boncheva (PACIFIC) 6-3, 6-0
5. Julie Luzar (LBSU) def. Summer Irvin (PACIFIC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Regina Suarez (PACIFIC) 6-2, 6-1
Order of finish:
*Denotes Doubles securing point
**Denotes Match securing win
Final Score: No. 38 Long Beach State 7, Pacific 0