Tigers Fall to the No. 42 Mustangs in a Final 4-3 Decision
April 3, 2011
Stockton, Calif. - The Tigers faced the No. 42 Mustangs, but came up just short of the win with a final match score of 4-3. Though the Tigers came up short, there were several match highlights following the rough start they experienced in the doubles events.
Three Tigers defeated their opponents in their singles matches. Artem Gramma, Ivan Castro and captain Fernando Ristow. First Fernando Ristow dominated the court and defeated opponent McPhee with a confident two set score of 6-3, 6-1. Then Castro proved victorious against his opponent with a two set score of 7-6(5), 6-2. Finally, Gramma defeated opponent Alexander Sonesson with a solid 6-3, 6-4 two set score to give the Tigers their third and final win.
The Tigers now prepare to face Gonzaga on Friday at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts at 2:00pm. Come out and support your Pacific Tigers.
1. Andre Dome/ Alexander Sonesson (CP) def. Lance Dugan /Angus Thomson (PAC) 8-4
Order of finish: 2, 1*, 3
1. Andre Dome (CP) def. Tomasz Krzyszkowski (PAC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Artem Gramma (PAC) def. Alexander Sonesson (CP) 6-3, 6-4
3. Ivan Castro (PAC) def. Jordan Bridge (CP) 7-6(5), 6-2
4. Fernando Ristow (PAC) def. Brian McPhee (CP) 6-3, 6-1
5. Marco Comuzzo (CP) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
6. Sebastian Bell (CP) def. Lance Dugan (PAC) 7-6 (4), 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 5**
*Denotes Doubles point win
**Denotes Match securing win
Final Score: Pacific 3, Cal Poly 4