Tigers defeat Fresno Pacific Sunbirds 4-3
Feb. 27, 2011
Stockton, Calif. -
The Pacific Tigers battled for each point in the heated match against the NAIA No. 1 Fresno Pacific University Sunbirds. The matches displayed the competitiveness of each player. The desire to win was evident with the constant cheering from court to court with each point won and a grunt of frustration when a point was lost.
Some highlights from today's match were the strong doubles matches that featured Fernando Ristow and partner Angus Thomson, as well as the match featuring Artem Gramma and Ivan Castro. The singles matches were all heated, but the Tigers held their ground and managed three wins which was enough to clinch the match victory. The victories included junior Tomasz Krzyszkowski, senior Artem Gramma, and senior Fernando Ristow. They utilized the entire court in addition to a game winning strategy.
The Tigers now imrpove their season record to 4-5. They now prepare to face Nevada on March 6th.
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1*
1. Sinitsyn (FP) def. Ivan Castro (PAC) 4-6, 6-3, 10-6
2. Tomasz Krzyszkowski (PAC) def. Carvalho (FP) 6-2, 6-3
3. Artem Gramma (PAC) def. Smith (FP) 4-6, 5-3 def.
4. Fernando Ristow (PAC) def. Hilla (FP) 6-0, 6-3
5. Martinet (FP) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 7-6 (4), 6-4
6. Sanchez-Canamares (FP) def. Lance Dugan (PAC) 6-2, 6-2
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 2**, 6, 5, 1
* denotes doubles match point win
**denotes match securing win
Final Score: Pacific 4, Fresno Pacific 3