No. 71 Tigers Close Out The Regular Season With A Win Against UC Riverside 4-3
Riverside, Calif.-The Tigers kicked off the match against UC Riverside at a disadvantage. Pacific had only five Tigers on the match up today which meant that one singles as well as one doubles match would have to be sacrificed. Though they were short by one player the Tigers remained determined. With their determination they clinched the doubles win and geared up for the singles events.
With the momentum from the doubles matches, the Tigers pushed on into the singles matches and claimed three of the singles in the No. 2, 3 and 5 positions. Victorious Tigers include freshman Daniel Alameh, sophomore Ben Mirkin, and sophomore Valentim Goncalves, respectively.
At the conclusion of the match, Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo stated, "Today we played with a limited team, but the guys stepped up and finished the regular season on a high note. This is exactly what we needed before Conference."
Now that the Tigers have concluded their regular season, they will gear up for the Big West Conference tournament.
1. Sem Verbeek/Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Jimmy Roberts/Marcus Vizcarra (UCR) 8-6
2. Ben Mirkin/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Kevin Griffin/Julian Ruffin (UCR) 8-4
3. Incomplete vs. Luis Gastao/Calvin Ngo (UCR) ---match in favor of UCR
1. J Roberts (UCR) def. Sem Verbeek (PAC) 6-4, 6-4
2. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Luis Gastao (UCR) 6-1, 6-1
3. Ben Mirkin (PAC) def. Julian Ruffin (UCR) 6-2, 7-5(5)
4. Erik Cederwall (PAC) vs. Kevin Griffin (UCR) DNF
5. Valentim Goncalves (PAC) def. Kelly Dickson (UCR) 6-3, 6-2
6. Incomplete vs. Simon Peters (UCR)---match in favor of UCR
Final Match Score: No. 71 Pacific 4, UC Riverside 2
No. 71 Pacific 14-8, 4-2 Big West
Uc Riverside 3-20, 0-5 Big West