Stockton, Calif.-The Tigers kicked off the Match against the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos by honoring senior Alex Golding and his career with the Tigers during the senior day ceremony. After the festivities, the Tigers were eager to jump on court for the doubles competitions. As the doubles matches began to conclude, the Tigers secured the doubles point with victories in the No. 1 and No. 3 positions for the Tigers.
With this momentum, the Tigers pressed on into the singles events with one point toward the final score in their favor. As the singles events unfolded, Pacific picked up wins in the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 4 positions to solidify the fate of the match.
The Tigers now gear up for their match at Stanford on April 16th. The No. 66 Tigers are now 13-6 in the spring season, 3-1 in the Big West Conference, 7-2 at home, 6-3 on the road, and 0-1 at a neutral site. The Gauchos have dropped down to 9-11, 2-2 in the Big West Conference, 6-3 at home, and 3-8 on the road.
1. Alex Golding/Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Mbonisi Ndimande/Ziad Sultan (UCSB) 8-6
2. Andrew Riminton/Miles Seemann (UCSB) def. Alex Hamilton/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 8-6
3. Erik Cederwall/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Alexander Gryaznov/Jacob Johnson (UCSB) 9-8(5)
1. Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Mbonisi Ndimande (UCSB) 1-6, 6-4, 2-0 ret.
2. Alex Golding (PAC) def. Benjamin Recknagel (UCSB) 6-3, 6-4
3. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) vs. Axel Bouillin (UCSB) DNF
4. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Ziad Sultan (UCSB) 6-3, 7-6(5)
5. Ben Mirkin (PAC) vs. Alexander Gryaznov (UCSB) DNF
6. Andrew Riminton (UCSB) def. Erik Cederwall (PAC) 6-2, 6-3
Final Match Score: No. 66 Pacific 4, UC Santa Barbara 1