Stockton, Calif.-At the conclusion of the doubles events, the Tigers yielded the doubles point to the Mustangs. The Tigers managed to pick up a win in the No. 3 position. Senior Alex Golding and freshman Daniel Alameh proved victorious over Gannon Daynes and Naveen Beasley with a final score of 8-2.
The Tigers remained determined to make a comeback in the singles events. Freshman Daniel Alameh posted impressive scores in singles in addition to his doubles event. Alameh's final score was 6-0, 6-2 against Derek Klein. Another Tiger that proved victorious was sophomore Denis Stolyarov who defeated opponent Jordan Bridge at the No. 3 position with a final score of 6-4, 6-1.
At the conclusion of the match, Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo stated, "The team didn't play as well as we needed to. Cal Poly played well and competed harder than what we brought to the match. We will definitely need to improve and be ready for tomorrow."
The Tigers now prepare to face UC Santa Barbara on Sunday April 14th at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts.
Tennis Match Results
No. 66 University of Pacific vs Cal Poly
Apr 13, 2013 at Stockton, Calif.
(Hal Nelson Tennis Courts)
Cal Poly 5, #66 University of Pacific 2
1. Andre Dome/Jordan Bridge (CP) def. Denis Stolyarov/Alex Hamilton (PAC) 8-6
2. Marco Comuzzo/Matt Thomson (CP) def. Sam Verbeek/Eric Cederwall (PAC) 8-7
3. Alex Golding/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Gannon Daynes/Naveen Beasley (CP) 8-2
1. #25 Andre Dome (CP) def. Sam Verbeek (PAC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Marco Comuzzo (CP) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 7-6, 6-4
3. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Jordan Bridge (CP) 6-4, 6-1
4. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Derek Klein (CP) 6-0, 6-2
5. Naveen Beasley (CP) def. Ben Mirkin (PAC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Matt Thomson (CP) def. Eric Cederwall (PAC) 6-4, 6-3
Cal Poly 11-8, 3-1 BWC
University of Pacific 12-6, 2-1 BWC; National ranking No. 66
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (4,3,1,5,2,6)