Stockton, Calif.- The Tigers started the match against Gonzaga strong. They quickly picked up the doubles point after securing the No. 1 and No. 2 positions with confidence. With this momentum the Tigers were eager to engage in their singles battles.
In the singles events, Pacific found their niche early on in their competitions. Each of the victorious Tigers in straight sets. Freshman standout Denis Stolyarov secured his match in the No. 2 position with a final score of 6-1, 6-1 against Olivier Jamin. Sophomore Denis Stolyarov defeated Levin Guillermo in the No. 3 position with a final score of 7-5, 6-2.
At the conclusion of the match, Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo stated, "The team responded very well today. I am really happy with our presence in doubles and the way we took the match. It was a great way to end the week."
1. Sem Verbeek/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) Vladimir Mijatovic/Olivier Jamin (GON) 8-2
2. Alex Golding/Alex Hamilton (PAC) def. Hayden Smith/Vicente Varas (GON) 8-0
3. Daniel Alameh/Ben Mirkin (PAC) vs. Pablo Mosquera Perez/Alvaro Nazal (GON) DNF
1. Alvaro Nazal (GON) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 6-7, 6-4, 1-0(6)
2. Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Olivier Jamin (GON) 6-1, 6-1
3. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Levin Guillermo (GON) 7-5, 6-2
4. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Hayden Smith (GON) 6-3, 6-1
5. Ben Mirkin (PAC) def. Vicente Varas (GON) 6-2, 6-2
6. Alex Hamilton (PAC) def. Pablo Mosquera Perez (GON) 6-3, 6-3
Final Match Score: Pacific 6, Gonzaga 1