Pacific Posts Another Win Against Northern Arizona 6-1
Stockton, Calif.-The Tigers kicked off their first match at home, since the home opener on January 27th, with a great deal of confidence. As the doubles events got underway, the Tigers quickly found their niche and settled in to their positive mindset. At the conclusion of the doubles events, the fate of the point was in favor of the Tigers after they had secured two of the three positions.
In the singles events, Pacific pushed on with great intensity and went on to claim five of the six singles events. Another impressive aspect to the Tigers' matches is that they were all completed in straight sets. Freshman Daniel Alameh posted impressive scores in the No. 5 position having defeated Kester Black with a final match score of 6-1, 6-0. Freshman Sem Verbeek also proved to have another great match when he defeated Shaun Waters with a final score of 6-1, 6-3.
The Tigers now hold a season record of 7-4 and 2-0 in the Big West Conference.
1. Sem Verbeek/Alex Golding (PAC) def. Shaun Waters/Kester Black (NAU) 8-4
2. Patrick Schimmelbauer/Dominic Bermudez (NAU) def. Alex Hamilton/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 9-7
3. Daniel Alameh/Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Trevor Unger/Robert Martin (NAU) 8-6
1. Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Shaun Waters (NAU) 6-1, 6-5
2. Patrick Schimmelbauer (NAU) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 6-3, 6-2
3. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Dominic Bermudez (NAU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Ben Mirkin (PAC) def. Robert Martin (NAU) 6-2, 7-5
5. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Kester Black (NAU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Alan Barrios (NAU) 7-5, 6-2
Pacific 6, Northern Arizona Univeristy 1