Tigers Drop One To San Diego State University 4-3
Honolulu, Hawai'i - Pacific got off to a confident start by claiming two of thre three doubles events. The Tigers posted wins in the No. 1 and No. 3 positions with final scores of 8-5. With this point in favor of the Tigers, Pacific pushed ahead to the singles events with confidence.
In the singles events, the Tigers claimed victories in the No. 5 and No. 6 positions. Sophomore Denis Stolyarov had a three set battle of a match against Juan Florez which resulted in a final score of 6-7(6), 6-4. Freshman Daniel Alameh defeated his opponent in straight sets to earn a final score of 6-2, 6-3.
After the match had concluded, Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo stated, "Today's match was a battle. San Diego fought until the end and they came out with a victory. We had the opportunities to clinch but didn't take them. A lot of lessons learned for the Tigers. We will look forward to our next opportunity to capitalize on the lessons presented to us today."
The Tigers are now 5-3 and 2-0 in the Big West Conference.
1. Alex Golding/Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Hunter Nicholas/Thorsten Bertsch (SDSU) 8-5
2.Derek Siddiqui/Andranik Khachatryan (SDSU) def. Trevor James/Daniel Alameh (PAC) 8-2
3. Alex Hamilton/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Spencer Simon/Shiva Sangwan (SDSU) 8-5
1. Derek Siddiqui (SDSU) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 6-4, 7-5
2. Thorsten Bertsch (SDSU) def. Sem Verbeek (PAC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Hunter Nicholas (SDUS) def. Ben Mirkin (PAC) 2-6, 7-5, 6-0
4. Marvin Tawasi (SDSU) def. Alex Hamilton (PAC) 6-2, 6-3
5. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Juan Florez (SDSU) 6-7(6), 6-4, 10-8
6. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Andranik Khachatryan(SDSU) 6-2, 6-3
Final Match Score: Pacific 3 San Diego State University 4