Pacific Claims Another Win While On The Road
Davis, Calif-The Tigers claim another win while on the road before heading back for their Spring home opener against the USF Dons. In the match against the UC Davis Aggies, the Tigers started off the match by yielding the doubles point to the Aggies. Tiger freshmen duo Sem Verbeek and Daniel Alameh did however prove victorious against Horowitz and Bacharach with a final score of 8-2.
In the singles events, the Tigers claimed wins in five of the six competitions. Senior Alex Golding, sophomore Denis Stolyarov and freshmen Sem Verbeek all had straight set victories. While sophomore Alex Hamilton and freshman Daniel Alameh had three set victories over their opponents.
At the conclusion of the match Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo stated, "We started out with leads in doubles and learned our lesson for letting a feisty team hang around. I am proud of the way the guys went out and stepped up in singles as a team. UC Davis played us strong but the Tigers stayed disciplined, determined, and played to win. We look forward to keeping that momentum vs. USF tomorrow for our home opener."
The Tigers will face USF next in their home opener on Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 1:30PM. Come out to the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts and support the Tigers!
1. Toki Sherbakov/Adam Levie (DAV) def. Alex Golding/Alex Hamilton (PAC) 8-6
3. Sem Verbeek/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. George Horowitz/Brett Bacharach (DAV) 8-2
1. Alex Golding (PAC) def. Toki Sherbakov (DAV) 6-1, 6-4
2. Kyle Miller (DAV) def. Ben Mirkin (PAC) 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
3. Alex Hamilton (PAC) def. Parker Kelley (DAV) 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
4. Sem Verbeek (PAC) def. Brett Bacharach (DAV) 6-4 6-1
5. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Hugo Verdi-Fortin (DAV) 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
6. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Adam Luba (DAV) 6-4, 6-3
Final Score: Pacific 5, UC Davis 2