Tigers Defeated By No. 7 Pepperdine Waves
Malibu, Calif.-The Pacific Tigers were defeated by the No. 7 Pepperdine Waves while in their season opening road trip to Southern California. In the doubles competitions, the nationally ranked (7) Waves secured two of the three matches and therefore secured the doubles point.
In the singles competitions, freshman Trevor James dropped the first set to opponent Kento Tanaka-Tamaki , but put up a fight in the second set, but came up short in the tiebreak with a final set score of 7-6. Another battle that surfaced arose for freshman Daniel Alameh who competed in a heated match against Mousheg Hovhannisyan to post a final match score of 1-6, 7-6 (4), 13-11. The match featured Alameh picking up the first set with ease, then putting up a fight in the second set and lost in the tiebreak 7-4. Lastly, Hovhannisyan claimed the win in the close third set tiebreak with a final score of 13-11.
3. Mousheg Hovhannisyan/Kento Tanaka-Tamaki (PEP) vs. Sem Verbeek/Daniel Alameh (PAC) 6-4, unfinished
1. #6 Sebastian Fanselow (PEP) def. Alex Golding (PAC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Alex Sarkissian (PEP) def. Ben Mirkin (PAC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Finn Tearney (PEP) def. Sem Verbeek (PAC) 6-3, 6-0
4. Francis Alcantara (PEP) def. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Mousheg Hovhannisyan (PEP) def. Daniel Alameh (PAC) 1-6, 7-6 (4), 13-11
6. Kento Tanaka-Tamaki (PEP) def. Trevor James (PAC) 6-1, 7-6
#7 Pepperdine 7, Pacific 0
Pepperdine 1-0; National ranking #7
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (2,4,1,3,6,5)
(Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center)